1.20.2009

Posted by Ángelito on/at 11:55 AM



I'm very happy with the way the Inauguration went today. It was visually stunning, with the 2 million + people, the American flags attached at the National Mall, the elite of Washington making their entrances.

But what I thought most stunning was Michelle Obama's dress of choice. I also thought it clever of her that she picked a Cuban-born American designer that many of the non-fashion crowd do not particularly know of - Isabel Toledo.

I for one, thought that she would have chosen a more elaborate & glamorous gown. But this one isn't bad at all, in fact, it accomplishes its goal of showing off Michelle's toned and glowing complexion, due to it's bright color contrasted against her skin. Michelle is a beautiful woman in general, but she was very wise in choosing this gown & coat. Although one might think the dress is bland from the picture at right, the material made from the gown is quite interesting and, quite sparkly. And although you aren't able to tell, the dress is visibly layered - with the embellishment on the neckline adding another splash of character to the already simple (but flattering) ensemble.

Praises to the Obama couple and their two beautiful little girls. Your speech at today's event made us believe in the hope that you promised - and this country is already looking forward to a brighter future in these times of dismay.

(Now if only the Corporate office wasn't ridiculous with their internet rules and unblocked media/video so that I'd be able to watch Beyoncé perform at the Inauguration event a couple days ago!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances I'm given, QUESTION EXISTING