1.16.2009

Posted by Ángelito on/at 9:59 AM


(Synopsis taken from IMDB.com)
(Image courtesy of StyleBakery.com)

Confessions Of A Shopaholic


"Based on the books "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan" by Sophie Kinsella. Rebecca Bloomwood (Isla Fisher) is a 25 year old who lives with her best friend Suze (Krysten Ritter) in Suze's flat (paying her friend rent that is well below market value), in a trendy part of town. Rebecca has a very boring job writing for a financial magazine. She has a shopping addiction and her crap job doesn't pay enough. Her bills are piling up, so she tries cutting back (complete fiasco), then she tries making more money (another fiasco). Eventually, Becky discovers a story that she is truly invested in. Exposing the story gets the attention of a (male, need I say more?) colleague that she hasn't quite figured out yet. Some drama ensues as she snags the (EXTREMELY hot) guy, and she attempts to pay off her ever-growing debt."

The last person I thought they would pick for a role like this would be Isla Fisher, but when I peeped the television previews, I had a different outtake on the movie.

It just might be funny. :]

I need a boost when it comes to catching movies at the theatre, after all, the last movie I wasted my Christmas gift-certificate on (otherwise known as a FREE TICKET) was the god-awful "The Unborn." I had hopes that Odette Yustman would carry the movie, because after all, she was one of the main characters in "Cloverfield," (a movie that I enjoyed) but unfortunately after 45 minutes I walked out of that mess.

Judging from the few pictures I have seen of the film, they obviously weren't channeling the stylist for "Sex & The City." It looks like they hired Betsey Johnson to coordinate wardrobe choices, lol. (Not like there's anything wrong with her!)

"Confessions of a Shopaholic," will be released on February 13, 2009.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances I'm given, QUESTION EXISTING