2.11.2009

Posted by Ángelito on/at 3:45 PM

Barbie's dope.
You already knew that though.

Not only has she influenced MAC make-up, but now she's making it known that she isn't just a toy-store doll, she's a designer doll.

(I accidentally mentioned in my last post about Barbie that there would be 50 designers on hand...when really, it is 50 different outfits by top designers. Also, Marchesa, Diane Von Furstenberg, and Betsey Johnson will be displaying their dresses at New York Fashion Week on Saturday along with the 50 different outfits. Betsey, an over-the-top green party dress; Diane, a hot-pink wrap dress; Marchesa, a glitz & glamour gown.)

Anyhow, here are a few sketches based on Barbie's glamorous character that will be displayed in Bloomingdale's flagship store.
(Sorry ladies, display only, not for sale.)
(BTW, Nicole Miller for Barbie, to your left)



Reem Acra for Barbie





Rachel Roy for Barbie
(Left)

Peter Som for Barbie
(Right)


Twinkle for Barbie

Carmen Marc Valvo for Barbie

(Paired with hot pink stilettos by Christian Louboutin)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances I'm given, QUESTION EXISTING