2.18.2009

Posted by Ángelito on/at 12:26 PM

Okay so I find it quite odd and depressing that I was the only one in the office today making commotion on Obama's visit to Dobson High School in Mesa, Arizona.

I'm only 21.

My colleagues on the other hand, are twice my age.

Maybe if they were a part of this dilemma, they would be anticipating his speech - it clearly laid out what Barack wanted to do to either help already foreclosed homeowners, or those near foreclosure.

Just because you think you're safe doesn't mean it can't happen to you!

Or maybe they're just republican and don't give a s**t.

Another thing that bothers me - many of my friends are all Team Obama.

No, you've got the wrong idea. I'm for Obama. But they're for Obama for all the wrong reasons.

Here's why:

  1. He's African-American. It's outstanding that we finally have a biracial president, but it shouldn't have to be all about the color of one's skin.
  2. Everybody else loves Obama and they like him because it's "trendy."
  3. They think he's attractive.
  4. They want to pretend that they know everything about Obama and politics.

But I'm betting on everything that the only reason why they constantly want to see him or tune is because of those reasons above, and not the mere reason of belief, or change.

I believe in Obama because he's intellectual and will ultimately get us out of the bind we are in now.

I believe in Obama because of his actions (i.e. Stimulus plan) and the viable reasons why he chose to do such things.

I believe in Obama because he's an inspiration, and he represents the true gentleman.

There are many more attributes that make Obama likeable, the fact that he's a family man, the fact that he actually believes in the American people and knows that he's human like everyone else on earth.

I actually listen to this man, and look past all the superficial things that my friends adore him for.

If you're for Obama, than stand beside him and listen to what he has to say and make use of it.

Don't just say you like the man because he's cute and black, or say you like him because your friends do.

Can we can get an authentic opinion for once and not one that sounds the same?

Thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances I'm given, QUESTION EXISTING