2.18.2009

Posted by Ángelito on/at 1:05 PM


I'm so excited.



So excited that I could do a whole lot of drugs and want even more, to the point of overdosing.



The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are back - with a whole new sound.



The first single?



Zero.



The cover above symbolizes an exclamation point (my guess, at least) and the album title is "It's Blitz!"



I'm sure you're questioning the song with "What happened to the raw sound, the guitars, the haunting vocals?"



The vocals are still there, evidently, but according to Karen O. she says "No guitars for Nick!" (Guitarist Nick Zinner) which is why "Zero," has absolutely no guitars, and is instead, substituted for synths.



The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are known for being unpredictable and amazing, so it's no different that they're trying for a new sound. What's most shocking about the transition is that it's not unwanted. Usually when a band experiments with a different genre, it's either praised or goes down in history as "one of their worst albums to date." (You also wish that you never heard the material in the first place.)



Not so for the YYYs.



Make sure you cop "It's Blitz!" when it drops April 14th.

Press Play.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Who am I living for?
Is this my limit?
Can I endure some more?
Chances I'm given, QUESTION EXISTING